How to play Fortnite on iPhone
28 March 2022
In 2020, Apple and Epic Games were locked in a legal battle, in-app purchases that caused Fortnite to be removed from the App Store and iOS devices. Thus, the fans haven’t been able to play the game on their iPhones. Android users can install the Fortnite app onto their mobile devices by sideloading it from the Epic Games App, but Apple devices have no get around. With the help of NVIDIA’s GeForce Now service, a cloud gaming service made Fortnite returned to iPhones and iPads. Soon the game is about to launch a limited-time closed beta, and players can pre-register to play it. GeForce Now is Nvidia’s cloud gaming service available across multiple devices, not just iPhone but PC, Mac, Chromebook, Nvidia Shield TV and several smart TVs. It is a paid membership service; priority membership costs £8.99 / $8.99 / €9.99 per month and improves your experience. It offers a free service that is limited to an hour or so.
Here’s what to sign up for and what needs to do to play Fortnite on your iOS devices. First, the player will need to become a GeForce Now member and sign up for the closed beta. Register for GeForce Now’s Fortnite closed beta so that you don’t need to pay for membership. Keep an eye on your emails for an invitation to the closed beta. Once you’re invited, you can play Fortnite through GeForce Now
– First, open Safari on your iPhone or head to play.geforcenow.com.
– Look at the bottom of the screen (on iPhone) or top-right to see the share button.
– Tap on it.
– In the share menu, scroll down to “Add to Home Screen” and tap on it. Hit “Add”.
– This will add an app icon to your device
– Tap on the new GeForce Now icon, and you will be presented with GeForce Now terms and conditions. Agree with them.
– Sign in or register for a GeForce Now account via the user icon in the top right-hand corner. Log in.
– You may now need to sync your Steam and, most importantly for Fortnite, an Epic Games Store account via the settings menu.